Accountants do sometimes assist their clients with producing information for probate, but many are concerned that they might be drifting into prohibited areas. In fact, an Accountant was recently disciplined and fined for undertaking probate activities while not authorised to do so.
However, many Accountants do not want to become authorised to do probate work for a number of very good reasons including:
• the time and resources it takes to complete the application process
• the necessary training, compliance and Professional Indemnity issues
• they do not anticipate sufficient demand from their clients to make it worth while
• a potential negative reaction from local solicitor firms who refer clients to them
• it doesn’t fit in with their current business strategy.
We have the ideal solution for you
Get Probate have the necessary probate accreditation, so you don’t need it.
By working together, we would ask you to deal with the tax matters. You would charge your client a fee for this work and would be able to ensure that your client’s tax planning strategy can be carried out in the way you and they intended – without the intervention of a solicitor / bank.
We strongly believe that we can provide a better alternative to solicitors, banks and unregulated self-proclaimed ‘probate experts’, and at a considerably lower cost.
We want to work with you to provide the best possible service for your clients, at the best possible price.
Our probate service covers the whole of England and Wales as the process is done remotely using emails and a Client Portal (as with our liquidation processes).